Thursday, February 12, 2009

Those are your choices!

This morning as I was getting ready, Luke was running around. In an attempt to give him something to do, I asked him to get me some socks. He goes and looks in my sock drawer for a minute and comes back. Standing in the doorway with his hands on his hips, my little boy says "Halloween or Santa Clause, those are your choices mommy" I had to try so hard not to laugh at him :)

We've been doing Love and Logic and I'm bombarding him with choices so that he feels more control over his world creating fewer battles of will. Do you want to walk on my left side or my right side? Do you want to walk or ride in the cart? What would work best for you Luke, to go to Sam's first or the post office? I decided to humor him. For the record, I picked Santa :)

2 comments:

Darling Daughters said...

Sounds familiar!

Kendra said...

Sounds a bit like our house! :) Boys are fun, and such an adventure! - Kendra